Contributing to Québec’s financial expertise
Together with Québec universities, the Caisse implements various initiatives to help develop Québec’s financial expertise and support the next generation. In particular, we are committed to leveraging all of the Caisse’s industry sectors to:
- promote the integration of finance-related professions
- share our know-how
- support the next generation
- increase our presence in Québec communities
Learn about some of the ways we help develop Québec’s financial expertise:
- Tour of Québec universities
- Internship program
- Research chairs
- Caisse’s Rendez-Vous outreach program
- Other university initiatives
Tour of Québec universities
Every year, la Caisse does a tour of Québec universities, giving professors and students a chance to learn more about the Caisse’s mission, challenges, and career opportunities.
Research into investing and the challenges facing today’s businesses is crucial to the investment sector.
- That's why the Caisse collaborates with universities and offers its financial support to chairs devoted to economic and financial issues.
Bell - Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec Chair in Experimental Economics at Université de Montréal
- Caisse de dépôt - UQAM Research Chair in Portfolio Management.
- Studies how individuals make decisions of an economic nature.
UQAM School of Management - SITQ Real Estate Chair
- Trains the next generation of real estate industry professionals and strengthens Québec’s knowledge and expertise in this area.
The Caisse's Rendez-Vous
The mission of the Caisse's Rendez-Vous University Outreach Program is to share our access to distinguished financial industry speakers with universities.
On these occasions, we invite our university partners to benefit from rewarding interactions with internationally renowned speakers who come to speak at the Caisse about best practices and new investment trends.
- Lecture by Philippe Jorion, professor at the Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California - Irvine
- Lecture by Jean-Guy Simonato, professor and head of the Department of Finance at HEC Montréal
Other university-related initiatives
- Developing research agendas with universities on subjects of interest to the Caisse
- A partnership with UQAM’s virtual markets room
- Support for market simulation activities and commerce games
- Support for the École de technologie supérieure (ÉTS) in establishing a Short Graduate Program in Financial Engineering for engineering professionals